We strive to include the best and brightest students across the country by conducting a thorough and streamlined application process:
1. Register Online. Fill out the application form below:
2. Submit Proposal. This portion of the application requires an applicant to articulate his or her career goals, course load and financial need in 500 words or less (double spaced). Proposals should include the following:
- Biographical Information. University, expected graduation date, major(s), minor(s), and related extracurricular activities.
- Statement of Financial Need. Please provide a short statement explaining your need for assistance.
- Planned Course Load. List the courses relevant to your future career that you intend to take in the upcoming academic year.
- Career Goals. Describe what most appeals to you about the strategic media advertising field and how your academic plan boosts your ability to achieve your goals.
- Signed Statement of Affirmation. Applicants must sign their application proposal to affirm that the information within their application is correct to the best of their knowledge; and that the submission of the application does not guarantee that a financial award will be given to them. They also acknowledge that the scholarship is contingent upon completion of the course load as described within the application documents, and if the designated courses are not completed/passed, they must return a portion or all of the funds awarded. No persons are qualified for a scholarship if he/she has previously received a scholarship from the Washington Media Scholars Foundation.
3. One Letter of Recommendation. One letter from a professor, advisor or other home university official OR from a mentor or previous employer who can attest to your enthusiasm and ability to have a successful career in the media industry. The signer of your letter should be available for contact via phone or email should the Washington Media Scholars Foundation need to verify any statements made.
4. Transmission. Application documents should be sent via email to Kara.Watt@mediascholars.org by Monday, July 17th, 2013 at 11:59 EDT. Please write “Strategic Media Fellows Application” in the subject line.
5. Phone Interview. The Washington Media Scholars Foundation will contact finalists for a phone interview before the distributions are announced.